Thursday, October 13, 2011

Solved: Firefox Tab Icons Are Missing

I have been frustrated over the last few weeks because I could not figure out why the icons suddenly stopped showing up in Firefox. I have scoured the web and tried several suggestions, but none of them worked for me. I finally got clued in that it might be one of my extensions, and sure enough, going to Help » Restart With Add-ons Disabled caused the icons to reappear. After a little trial and error I finally found that it was the Favicon Picker 2. I wanted the functionality, so I tried Favicon Picker 3, but it caused the same problem. I finally found that Bookmark Favicon Changer (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-favicon-changer/) allowed me to customize my bookmark icons without causing the tabs to go blank. So, if you find that the favicons in your tabs are absent, give it a try. As of this writing, I am using Firefox 7 and Bookmark Favicon Changer 1.54.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot !!

-- Boaz

Fukuro said...

Firefox 10, same problem, no resolution